Updated on Monday 16 March
I have taken the difficult, yet very easy, decision to suspend my #20in2020 campaign as we continue to navigate this difficult time for so many.
For those who have already contributed and donated, you can be absolutely sure that I will earn that donation with one of the options below:-
- #20in2020 if we get to a point before May where it is safe to run mass distance events
- #20in12months from the date of the first event, whenever that is
The Full List... so far (with revised dates where known for postponed Spring Marathons)
- Dulux London Revolution (Ultra 50km) - Marlow, UK - 9 May
- Rock'n'Roll Liverpool Marathon - Liverpool, UK - 24 May
- Phoenix Wrath of Poseidon - Walton-on-Thames, UK - 7 June
- Hever Castle Festival of Endurance - Kent, UK - 5 July
- South West Coast 2 Coast (Ultra 102km) - Devon, UK - 25 July
- The Boston Marathon - Massachusetts, USA - 14 September
- BMW Berlin Marathon - Berlin, Germany - 27 September
- Virgin Money London Marathon - London, UK - 4 October
- TCS New York City Marathon - New York, USA - 1 November
We are still awaiting confirmation of a rearranged date for the Manchester Marathon and it makes absolutely no sense to book other races whilst the Covid-19 outbreaks causes such uncertainty.
The charities still need your support, but marathon running simply isn't the most important way for me to do it right now.
We are hitting difficult economic times and whilst I would, of course, appreciate continued donations, I will not actively pursue.
You can read more about why I'm taking on this crazy challenge here and you can donate by visiting